Saturday, January 25, 2014

I've Not Forsaken You

Following are words from a song written by Carrie Maxwell Wrigley of the Willow Canyon 8th Ward. It was today performed at our Stake Women's Conference. As a Relief Society Presidency, we pray the truth of the words will bring comfort on difficult days.

I'VE NOT FORSAKEN YOU

I've not forsaken you; I've not forgotten you;
I've not abandoned you, or those you love.
I know the tears you cry; the whispered question "Why?"
I hear your every sigh from here above.
Even in the face of seeming disaster, 
Even when all hope seems to fail,
Even when the fist of the world strikes hard, 
Know, my child, that all is well.
I know it's hard to see through thick adversity.
Hold on and trust in me, and you will not fall.
I hold you in my hand, upon my rock you stand,
And there's so much I've planned that you don't know of.
So even in the face of seeming disaster,
Even when your strength seems to fail,
Even when the fury of hell strikes hard, 
Know, my child, that all is well.
I've not forsaken you; I've not abandoned you;
For I have taken you into my very heart.
The tears you cry today will be tears of joy someday
And all along the way, that promised joy will start,
If you remember...
I've not forsaken you, I will stand by you;
I'm here to comfort you; I've not forsaken you.